Like many people we’ve done a fair bit of baking this year due to being at home more, and it’s something that the children really enjoy doing with us. They’ve also really enjoyed watching Junior Bake Off on Channel 4, so this has also spurred them on to rustle up some tasty treats! This lemon and blueberry loaf cake has been one of our favourites to make! I love the fact that it’s a lighter cake to eat, really moist, and not too heavy, and is perfect to have with a cuppa without feeling too ‘naughty’!
To make this Lemon and Blueberry Loaf Cake you will need the following:
Ingredients (serves 12 people)
- 75g butter, melted
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 190g plain flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 125ml milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 145g blueberries, defrosted if frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4, then Lightly grease a 20x10cm (8×4 in) loaf tin or use a loaf tin liner.
- Beat together the butter, 200g sugar, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and the eggs. Stir the flour and baking powder together in a bowl, before stirring into egg mixture.
- Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries.
- Pour cake mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining lemon juice and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Remove your cake from tin and drizzle with the lemon and sugar mixture.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.